This week, consider the time you spend with Jesus each day as your "spiritual
victory!" Everything that you need will be provided by Jesus. The real battle is to
keep coming to Him-in prayer, meditation, and Bible study. If you will continue coming to
Him each day, for the purpose of getting to know Him better, in His time He will remove
the desire for sin from your life and replace it with a deeper craving to know Him and to
have fellowship with Him!
- Begin each session with prayer - maybe something like this: "Lord, help me
to come to know you better as we spend time together..."
- Read the passage - several times noticing as many details as you can.
- Imagine the setting - put yourself in the picture. Try to imagine the sounds,
- Summarize the passage - in your own words.
- Apply the passage - what message is God giving you through this passage?
- Meditate and pray - meditate on how this passage makes Jesus more real. Talk to
Him about the passage and about using the information you have learned.
Passages for This Week
Daily Bites |
Lesson 7 - Daily Bites
Copyright © 1996, Lee Venden and Thure Martinsen