Romans 8:31 it says: "If God is for us, who can be against us!" The passages you
will be examining in John this week illustrate the truth of this text. They focus on what
Jesus did in order to make your eternity secure. Jesus risked hell (eternal separation
from God) rather than live without you! You can face the judgment with confidence because
of what your Friend, Jesus, did. Remember, you are spending time with Jesus to get to know
Him as a friend, not just to put in time!
- Begin each session with prayer --maybe something like this: "Lord, help
me to come to know you better as we spend time together..."
- Read the passage--several times noticing as many details as you can.
- Imagine the setting--put yourself in the picture. Try to imagine the sounds,
- Summarize the passage--in your own words.
- Apply the passage-- what message is God giving you?
- Meditate and pray--meditate on how this passage makes Jesus more real. Talk
to Him about the passage and about using the information you have learned to deepen your
friendship with Him. Listen for impressions He is giving you.
Passages for This Week
Daily Bites |
Lesson 10 - Daily Bites
Copyright © 1997, Lee Venden and Thure Martinsen