This week, consider the time you spend with Jesus each day as your "spiritual food." Don't rush through your "meal" but take some time to enjoy it. Remember that your job is to spend time with Jesus each day allowing Him to become a part of you. His job is to make you grow.
- Begin each session with prayer--maybe something like this: "Lord, help
me to come to know you better as we spend time together..."
- Read the passage--several times noticing as many details as you can.
- Imagine the setting--put yourself in the picture. Try to imagine the sounds,
- Summarize the passage--in your own words.
- Apply the passage--what message is God giving you?
- Meditate and pray--meditate on how this passage makes Jesus more real. Talk
to Him about the passage and about using the information you have learned.
Passages for This Week
Daily Bites |
Lesson 5 - Daily Bites
Copyright © 1995, Lee Venden and Thure Martinsen