Is Jesus Coming Again?
Each year at Christmas, we celebrate the first Advent of Jesus. As that
time approaches, the weather cools, trees change color and then lose their leaves, the
days grow shorter and the nights longer, window panes wear morning frost, and in many
places, snow blankets the land. The second Advent of Jesus will be Christmas on the
grandest scale. As you look at conditions in the world around us, perhaps you've
noticed that "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."
1. What do each of the following texts say about conditions in our world just prior to the 2nd Advent of Jesus?
2. Jesus recognized that the world, as we know it, is not the sort of home He intends for His children. According to John 14:1-3, what is He doing about that?
3. What will it be like to live in that home?
4. What promise did Jesus make in Matthew 26:63-64 while testifying under oath?
In the Bible, the prophecies about Christ's coming are divided into two parts, Suffering Savior and Coming King. There are eight times as many texts predicting Jesus' 2nd coming as there are predicting His first coming. Every prophecy relating to the Suffering Savior has been fulfilled exactly. We can expect the Coming King ones to be fulfilled as well!
5. When our soldiers came home from Desert Storm, the homecoming celebration made headlines and TV. The following texts describe what it will be like when Jesus returns to take His friends home.
When Jesus returns to take His friends home it will be the most spectacular event in history. There will be nothing secretive about it. Nobody is going to miss it when it happens!. This is going to be BIG!!
6. Considering the following passages, who will be going home with Him when He comes? Why are some denied entrance into Heaven.
In Lesson 1, we noticed Christianity is really about getting to know Jesus as your friend. When Jesus comes the second time, He will be coming for His friends. It's wonderful that when He comes, pain, suffering and sickness will be gone! It's wonderful that we'll receive mansions and crowns and immortality! But the best thing about His return is that then, time will finally begin in person with the best Friend we have ever come to know! Some day a cloud in the east will begin to grow. It will capture the attention of every one on earth as Jesus rides forth, shining brighter than the sun. Suddenly, a cry will go up from His friends, "We know you!" He will look back into the eyes of each one and say, "I know you too! And I've come to take you home--home to a party."
WE PROMISE: We will NOT visit, phone, mail, or otherwise harass you. YOU will initiate
Lesson 8 - Questions