How Do You Grow in Jesus
Before he left for Heaven, Jesus asked His followers to share with others the good news about Himself (see
Matthew 28:19-20). He must have had good reasons for leaving us with these marching orders. In
earlier lessons, we have compared prayer to breathing and Bible study to eating and drinking.
The Christian witness has been compared to exercise-something essential to good
health. In this lesson we will discover how witnessing not only improves your spiritual
health, but benefits other and God as well!
1. Have you ever broken a bone that had to be set in a cast? What happens to the muscles that have to be inactive?
2. Give some examples that demonstrate the truth of the expression Use It Or Lose It.
3. In a legal courtroom, what is a witness and what are they expected to say?
4. According to the following verses, what is a Christian witness?
5. Explain the difference between sharing information and sharing an experience? What experience is being shared in the verses listed above?
6. Based on what you've read so far, define Christian witness.
7. In what ways is your definition similar to 1 John 1:1-3? In what ways different?
8. In a court of law, the person on trial hopes to benefit by the testimony of witnesses for the defense. What are some ways in which your witness could benefit God?
9. What is the value of your testimony to others?
11. Why would Jesus send a person to witness to people they already know? Does this say anything about what our first goal should be in regards to strangers?
12. How can sharing what Jesus is to you and what you are to Him, benefit you in the following areas:
As you tell others the good things you are discovering about Jesus, it brings joy to Him, increases the opportunities for your friends to know Him, and brings you happiness as well. And one more thing-it keeps the spring clear!
WE PROMISE: We will NOT visit, phone, mail, or otherwise harass you. YOU will initiate
Lesson 6 - Questions