This week as you spend time with Jesus each day, getting to know Him better, look for
things you could share with someone else. If Jesus is becoming your friend, it is natural
for you to introduce Him to your other friends. Be prepared to share with them what your
friend Jesus is doing for you and why you enjoy His friendship.
- Begin each session with prayer--maybe something like this: "Lord, help
me to come to know you better as we spend time together..."
- Read the passage--several times noticing as many details as you can.
- Imagine the setting--put yourself in the picture. Try to imagine the sounds,
- Summarize the passage--in your own words.
- Apply the passage--what message is God giving you?
- Meditate and pray--meditate on how this passage makes Jesus more real. Talk
to Him about the passage and about using the information you have learned to deepen your
friendship with Him. Listen for impressions He is giving you.
Passages for This Week
Daily Bites |
Lesson 6 - Daily Bites
Copyright © 1996, Lee Venden and Thure Martinsen